Monday, June 16, 2008

Graduation Day


So, I don't know how time went so quickly, but Dara is officially out of elementary school! Her school held a graduation ceremony (a day late due to the wicked storms we got!) This is the happiest I have ever seen her at school!!

Picture two is of Grecia, Mikey and Dara. Dara and Mikey have known each other since first grade, so it was like watching two of my babies graduate (actually I remember alot of the kids as kindergartners, so it was a huge deal for me). Grecia has been a wonderful friend to Dara this year, and is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met! The next two pictures are of Dara and Ms. Cordes. There aren't words to describe how wonderful Ms. Cordes has been to Dara through the year. Not only teaching her the basics, but helping her through some emotional times also. Before calling Dara up to get her "diploma", Ms. Cordes looked at her and said "no tears", which of course brought me down.
These pictures are followed by a picture of the principal, Mr. Eller, whom as you all know, I am really hoping will be the answer to our prayers. So far, so good. The next picture is the wonderful Ms. Heilman, who also was a blessing to our family. Ms. Heilman stepped up while Ms. Cordes was out for health reasons, and led all of those fabulous fifth graders. More power to her, I hope she got a raise!!! The final picture is very special to me. I have a picture just like it of me graduating sixth grade at High Bridge. I'll try to find it and scan it so you can see! Anyway, Brock and I are very proud of Dara. She worked hard this year and was rewarded with the "Presidential Award" which comes straight from the White House. This award is given to students who mantain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher throughout 3rd, 4th and 5th grades.
Posted by Picasa




No comments: