Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kindergarten Woes / PG schools are going down

Ah, PG county schools. Faith seems to be having some adjustment issues. Now explain to me why the teacher sends her to the nurse for CRYING?? And then the nurse feels compelled to CALL ME? (these would be the calls that I missed due to not having a cell phone). Now what on earth am I supposed to do about this? The nurse asked me if I was planning to come to the school? FOR WHAT REASON??? So I can play into Faith's trap? ARGH...
Okay, so many of you know that I have had issues with PG county schools for years. We struggle financially, academically and not enough parents are involved. Now why on earth did my house cost so much, and WHY are my taxes so high, yet our schools continue to struggle. Well, rewind three years ago, when the school board hired Mr. John Deasy as superintendent of schools. I took a liking to him immediately. Although he was coming from a much smaller district, he had such great plans. He wanted to implement "community schools" where children would attend from Pre-K to 8th grade, so that kids would feel nurtured in the same environment for a longer time. He started offering more advanced placement classes. He got our test scores up. It seemed he could do no wrong. Give him 8 years and he would turn PG county schools into nationally recognized stars. Well, Mr. Deasy has put in his resignation effective Feb. 09. So bye bye hope. Maybe we can get yet another Andre Hornsby (our last superintendent who is facing jail time for his tricky ways). Alright, so I am on my soap box, but man, I am disappointed. If I could pack my bags and head out of here I would, but this is where the work for Brock is, so I guess we will keep on trucking. Maybe I should home school?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

No comments: