Monday, May 19, 2008

A master bathroom for me!!

Well, I give Jeff great credit for this one. We finally have a master bathroom!! I can't find my before photos, but many of you remember the white/green "marble" countertop, the olive green coffin (oh, I mean shower stall). The olive green toilet?? Well, peek at my new sanctuary!!
For anyone who thinks a major bathroom remodel has to be expensive read on....



We didn't go for the original Kohler "spa" shower system after getting the quote of $2400 for the parts! We are pretty happy with the much less expensive version!! (The shower system and bathtub faucet were $140 total)
Who is that foxy lady scrunched up in the background?? Anyway, this is the much talked about vanity!! Many of you followed the drama of the vanity. It was listed on ebay, and I got into a bidding war during the last 5 minutes. Ended up losing it at $750 ish dollars. Well, a few hours later I get an email that the auction was null and void (turns out the other bidder wasn't a real buyer). So the vanity vanishes. I check Craigslist everyday for a week and suddenly there it is! Listed for sale for $275!! (this is the vanity, sinks and faucets). Well, I email them, offer $300 and it is ours!! I LOVE this thing and it pretty much set the tone for the natural/contemporary feel of the bathroom) (mirrors were a budget buster at $70 each!)
So this is the view from the hallway. Jeff installed a pocket door which is a huge space saver. The tile is a 5x5 natural brown with slate insets (brown tile is from a warehouse and was $60 TOTAL, the slate was more costly at about $70)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: