Okay, Margie wanted to know the story of why we traveled so far for a dog...We did try to adopt closer to home. The rescue groups make it out like you are trying to get a child from China. Adoption fees are high (which I don't mind), the application form is three pages, they do a home check, they do a reference check..all of this is fine with us, except that it is like a month long process. I also really wanted another Plott hound (like Macaroni). Well, these pups are abundant in North Carolina, so I started checking the pounds near my sisters house. I found a shelter that had two plott puppies, but as illogical as it is, I didn't want to seperate them. Well, I just happened to check that shelter again a few days later and the little boy pup had been adopted, which meant that the little girl was all alone. That was all it took to convince me that she belonged with our family. The wonderful woman at the shelter (Tanya) faxed me her application form (basically one short sheet making sure I wasn't going to use the dog as a fighting dog, and my sister drove to the pound and picked up the Tater...Mom and I drove down the next day, and while we were there rescued some kittens for our friends Jeff and Kerri...
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment